Yummy Inspirations: Fussy Eater Trick - Peanut Butter on Toast with Hidden Chicken  

Friday, January 13, 2012

Fussy Eater Trick - Peanut Butter on Toast with Hidden Chicken



My fussy eater, Mr 3, will usually only eat chicken in nugget form. After trying and repeatedly offering him roast chicken, chicken kebabs, chicken casserole, chicken meatballs, etc and being met with a firm NO, I decided that I'll experiment with hiding chicken in some of his favourite foods. 

So, after making a roast chicken for the rest of the family, I set aside a chunk of chicken from the breast and threw it into my mini blender. On top of the chicken, I threw a couple of dollops of peanut butter, one of Mr 3's favourite foods.



I gave it a good mix, making sure that there was little trace of the chicken evidence.

Once you have your spread ready, make a piece of toast, spread on the "peanut butter" and innocently offer your fussy eater a slice peanut butter on toast. Over the past couple of months, each time I make a roast for the family, I make "peanut butter on toast" for Mr 3 and (thankfully) he's eaten it every time.

It's a victory for me, as I've managed to get some chicken into his system that isn't of the nugget variety! While I will continue to offer him "honest" chicken meals, I know I can use this little trick to (unknowingly) broaden his eating horizons.



I'd love you to be part of the growing Yummy Inspirations Community! Simply enter your email address below to receive your weekly newsletter with highlights and exclusive subscriber only content:




Rest assured that your email address is safe and you can unsubscribe at any time!
 

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At January 14, 2012 at 11:37 PM , Blogger Amy Anderson said...

Thanks for sharing your secret with A Little Nosh!

 
At January 15, 2012 at 6:20 PM , Blogger YummyInspirations said...

Amy - You're Welcome!

Julie - Thanks, just posted my link on your "Show Your Stuff" post.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 5:13 AM , Blogger Dreams of cakes said...

So different from what I am used to eat. Very interesting though...!! Thanks for sharing.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 8:15 AM , Blogger YummyInspirations said...

You're welcome! Yes, it is a little different! It's crazy the things you do when you have a fussy eater!

 
At January 21, 2012 at 6:00 AM , Blogger Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Hahaha! Great idea!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home