Yummy Inspirations: Date, Almond & Cranberry Balls - Wordless Wednesday  

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Date, Almond & Cranberry Balls - Wordless Wednesday


Wanting to prepare something yummy, yet healthy, for my little ones, I threw 2 cups of pitted dates, 1 and a half cups of slivered almonds and 3/4 cup of cranberries into the food processor. I then drizzled 2 tablespoons of honey over the mixture, to add a bit of familiar sweetness and help bind the mixture together. Then the fun part - turning on the food processor and blitzing until the mixture formed a huge dough ball and came away from the sides of the bowl. Then I simply rolled the mixture into balls. I found it much easier to wet my hands to keep the process smooth and prevent the mixture from sticking to my hands.

The result was sweet, nourishing and most importantly - YUMMY! 

Catch up with what others are up to this Wordless Wednesday.  
You'll also find this post listed @ Sweet Indulgences Sunday

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

At January 11, 2012 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Julie said...

How Cute! I like this. I would like it if you shared this here:

http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/01/show-your-stuff-5.html

 
At January 11, 2012 at 9:31 AM , Anonymous Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook said...

They look great. And it's a nice healthy snack!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 9:46 AM , Blogger YummyInspirations said...

Julie - Thanks, have posted the link on your site!
Carol - Yes, it's a great snack, and they are actually quite filling so only one or two hits the spot!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM , Anonymous LifeRamblings said...

that does look yummy. you're making me so hungry.

 
At January 11, 2012 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Popcorn House said...

Looks like you're getting ready for Valentines! Enjoy them, they look great.

 
At January 11, 2012 at 5:11 PM , Blogger KG Finfrock said...

I can't fathom what this must taste like it. I must try it.

 
At January 11, 2012 at 6:01 PM , Blogger Robin said...

Sounds delicious! I can't imagine my kids would even taste it but I'd sure scarf it down :).

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography on etsy and Society6 and bring home something beautiful today!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 7:08 PM , Anonymous I'm At Home Baking said...

Looks very yummy!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 8:06 PM , Anonymous Ai Sakura said...

nom nom! great stuf.. thanks for linking this! :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka
Join in: Wordless Wednesday Linky Party

 
At January 11, 2012 at 8:15 PM , Blogger kewkew said...

They sound delicious. Now, if I only had a decent food processor. Love the picture.
Would love for you to stop by and share
http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2012/01/wordless-wednesday-january-11-2012.html

 
At January 11, 2012 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Tina´s PicStory said...

yummy, i´m also doing like this :) thanks for sharing!

 
At January 12, 2012 at 1:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm those look very good!
~Dawn

 
At January 12, 2012 at 2:17 AM , Blogger J Rodney said...

What a great way to make the kids eat healthy!

It reminds me a bit of how I made mashed potato snowmen last night to make sure my kids actually ate some mashed potatoes (they cannot stand potatoes).

Thank you for linking up at the Wordless Wednesday Linky at Frugality Is Free.

 
At January 12, 2012 at 2:41 AM , Blogger The Sage Butterfly said...

What a wonderful idea! And healthy, too. I will give this a try...yummy...happy WW!

 
At January 12, 2012 at 5:39 AM , Anonymous Liz said...

Looks delicious.

My entries:
Moms...Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

 
At January 12, 2012 at 5:40 AM , Anonymous Cafe au lait said...

Yummy!

 
At January 12, 2012 at 5:49 AM , Anonymous Art of RetroCollage said...

Does this ever look & sound yummy ... & simple too. I can hardly wait to try it! Thanks for the recipe, & have a tasty WW.

 
At January 12, 2012 at 8:24 AM , Blogger YummyInspirations said...

Thanks for all your supportive comments! The balls are super easy to make - give it a try :-)

 
At January 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Meghan said...

These look yummy, I might do them for a Project Pinterest!

 
At January 16, 2012 at 5:11 PM , Anonymous Mariposa said...

I heart it...Happy WW!
I'm late...

 
At January 21, 2012 at 12:37 AM , Blogger Julie@teachinggoodeaters said...

Fabulous idea!! I am in search of healthy snack ideas and this definitely fits the bill! I'm pinning :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home